Sports help children develop physical skills, get exercise, make friends, have fun, learning to play as a member of a team and improve self-esteem. It is important to remember that the attitude and behaviours taught to children in sports carry over to adult life. Children and sports go hand in hand.
The importance of sports in the development of the child is a very massive one and it’s something that should not be taken lightly by anyone.
The advantages of children playing sports are:-
- They get physical exercise, so they are fitter when they grow up
- They understand the importance of team work and co-ordination
- They become stronger and competitive rather than submissive and weak
- They learn to respect other people
- They become more communicative and outgoing
- Their self-esteem gets boosted
- They get exposure to different situation and people
- They realize the importance of working hard.
Hence, NLFP has a variety of sports:
- Throw ball
- Kick the ball
- Lemon & spoon race
- Races- 50mtrs, 100mtrs, 200mtrs,Relay
- Long jump
- Table tennis
- Students are also made to practise march-past for better coordination.